Our Tank Defender® Epoxy Lining is uniquely formulated to serve as a superior lining for tanks and vessels. Working closely with formulators and chemical engineers, we developed Tank Defender® to provide a heat-resistant, durable epoxy coating for use in hot water applications. The NST formula fights corrosion for potable water storage tanks, water filtration tanks, process tanks and pipe and fittings.
- Field repairable making it an excellent alternative to cement linings
- Lighter weight than cement making it more reasonable to ship
- Works in conjunction with the anode system to help protect the steel tank from the corrosive nature of hot water
Niles Tank Defender® Epoxy coating is applied to a white-metal, sand blasted to SSPC-SP5 (Society of Protective Coatings). This substrate preparation standard covers the requirements for white metal blast cleaning of uncoated or coated steel surfaces by using abrasives. These requirements include the end condition of the surface and materials and procedures necessary to achieve and verify the end condition.
A white metal blast cleaned surface, when viewed without magnification, shall be free of all visible oil, grease, dust, dirt, mill scale, rust, coating, oxides, corrosion products, and other foreign matter.
- Applied with a sprayer, roller or brush at a thickness of 5-6 mils/application at ambient room temperatures with a total of 10-12 mils applied
- Each coat requires a minimum of 12 hours of dry time and must be tack free between coats
- Air cured for 72 hours to meet FDA approval
- 1-year warranty with anode protection required — even in epoxy lined tanks, anodes and are required to be maintained as outlined in our warranty.
- Manufactured under ASME Code.