Warranty & I/O Manuals
- This limited warranty does not cover leakage or other malfunction caused by:
- Defective installation, and specifically, any installation which is made:
- in violation of applicable state or local plumbing, housing or building codes, or
- without a certified American Gas Association, ASME, or comparable combination temperature and pressure relief valve.
- Adverse local conditions, and specifically, sediment or lime precipitate in the tank or corrosive elements in the atmosphere.
- Misuse, and specifically, improper operation and/ or lack of maintenance, removal of magnesium anode(s) (if required). Disconnection, alteration or addition of non-approved components or apparatus, operation at settings other than those set forth on the rating plate, or accidental or other exterior damage.
- Operation temperatures above 180 degrees F for glass and epoxy lined tanks.
- This warranty also does not cover:
- Production of noise, taste, odors, discolored water.
- Incidental property damage, loss of use, inconvenience or other incidental or consequential costs.
- Costs associated with the replacement and/or repair of the unit, including:
- any freight, shipping or delivery charges.
- any removal, installation or re-installation charges.
- any material, and/or permits required for installation, re-installation or repair.
- charges to return the defective tank to the manufacturer.
This limited warranty runs from date of installation (or without proof of installation, from three (3) months after the date of manufacture) for the period specified on the following chart. To determine length of coverage, check model number listed on the rating plate of appliance against this chart.
* Restrictions are not applicable to implied warranties in California. See “Special State Provisions” on reverse side.
|MODEL||LIMITED TANK** WARRANTY|
|Glass lined Carbon Steel, Hydraulic Separators1, Buffer Tanks1||5 YRS2|
|Indirect water heaters: Residential / Commercial / Stainless||5 YRS / 5 YRS / Limited Lifetime|
|Double glass lined carbon steel||10 YRS (Double Glass)|
|Electric Water Heaters3||3 YRS|
|Electric Water Heaters/ w Double Glass1||6 YRS|
|All other carbon steel||1 YRS|
|Other material||Determined on a case by case basis|
|Unpassivated 316L3, 4||1 YRS|
|Passivated 316L3, 4||10 YRS|
|Passivated Duplex Stainless Steel3||25 YRS|
|Electric Parts||1 YRS|
Some states do not allow:
- Limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts.
- Limitations on incidental or consequential damages.
So the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Some states do not allow:
- If a defect occurs within the warranty period, we will:
Provide a replacement tank of our manufacture, (or at our option) repair any unit, which develops a leak in the steel tank within the tank warranty period. To obtain a replacement, you must forward the rating plate from the defective unit to us. If government regulations require the replacement tank to have features not found in the defective storage tank, you will be required to pay the difference in price represented by those government required features.
We do reserve the right to verify any claims of defect by inspection.
|SPECIAL STATE PROVISIONS For tank(s) installed in California or Oregon, Paragraphs 2(c) (i) (iv) of the paragraph “WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY NOT COVER?” does not apply. All other terms and conditions of this warranty apply as stated.|
We will not:
- Repair or replace any tank, or part, subject to conditions outlined in “What Does This Limited Warranty Not Cover?”
- Reimburse any costs associated with repair and/or replacement.
- Replace and/or repair any tank without complete model/serial number.
- Replace any tank without prior receipt of actual rating plate from appliance.
Upon discovering a defect or problem, you should:
- Contact either the installer, dealer, local representative or
- Contact us –
NILES STEEL TANK
PO Box 728
1701-A Terminal Road
Niles, MI 49120
To facilitate warranty assistance, you should:
- Retain all bills of sale or receipts for proof of installation, etc.
- Contact your installer, dealer or our Warranty Department as soon as any problem or defect is noticed.
- When necessary, allow us, or our chosen representative, to inspect the unit.
- For your reference, fill in the Model and Serial Number found on the units Rating Plate:
Date of Installation____________________________
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS CALL 1-269-683-1910
Please have model number and serial number ready.