UPDATED October 30, 2020
Bradford White Corporation manufactures water heating, space heating and water storage equipment that is installed in homes and numerous commercial facilities such as hospitals, doctors’ offices, nursing homes, schools, military installations, and food processing plants. Hot water is vital for cleaning, sanitization and hygienic purposes in these facilities, and water heaters and boilers are essential equipment critical to infrastructure and public health, particularly now, in the on-going battle against COVID-19. Without a reliable hot water supply, medical facilities and food processing plants could not continue to operate.
“Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce” Advisory
Under the section on HYGIENE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, the Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce: Ensuring Community and National Resilience in COVID-19, issued by the Director of the U.S. CISA (The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency of the Department of Homeland Security), acknowledges the essential need for, “Workers necessary for the installation, maintenance, distribution, and manufacturing of water and space heating equipment and its components.”
In response to the pandemic, Bradford White Corporation provided water heating equipment for several temporary field hospitals across the country including key locations in Michigan, Colorado, Illinois and New York. By continuing to operate, we have been able to provide the hot water equipment these and similar facilities need as well as the tens of thousands of water heating products that must be replaced daily in so many homes and other critical businesses.
Bradford White Corporation is proud of its employees, suppliers, business partners, distributors and installers who play an essential role in manufacturing, delivering and installing the essential water heating, space heating and water processing and storage equipment that is essential for our nation’s comfort and health.
Employee Safety Procedures & Protocols
The health and safety of our employees remains our top priority. As Bradford White continues to operate as part of the essential critical infrastructure, all Bradford White Corporation locations have instituted numerous practices, based on national, state, provincial and local requirements, to ensure the safety and well-being of our workers and the communities in which we are privileged to operate. These practices include:
- Adjustments to production personnel and staggered breaks and shifts to provide for more social distancing.
- Communication, implementation and reinforcement of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) hygiene recommendations.
- Issuance and required use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks, shields, and gloves, to employees in designated areas.
- Enhancement of cleaning procedures in all locations, including the sanitization of common areas such as bathrooms and breakrooms multiple times each shift, and deep cleaning of our factories on a daily basis.
- Requiring employees who are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms to stay at home until further notice.
- Implementation of work-from-home programs for those who can do so.
- Elimination of all non-essential travel.
- Prohibiting any unauthorized visitors at all Bradford White Corporation facilities.
In the event of a positive COVID-19 discovery, the following procedures are implemented:
- Immediate team members, who may have been exposed, are notified and provided instructions on self-monitoring.
- Potentially exposed people are required to go through extra screening.
- Any area with a reported case ceases operation and is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- Contract tracing protocols are instituted.
- All appropriate State and local authorities are advised of the case based on COIVID-19 protocols and within Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines.
Please contact your Bradford White Water Heaters, Laars Heating Systems or Niles Steel Tank representative for the current availability of our products in your area.